good ol' Europe ...

Here we are, finally back in good ol' Europe, or rather, Berlin, or rather, my parents' place about an hour outside of the town ... and, honestly, I'm happy and glad to be here! I mean, running hot water out of the tab! 24/7 power supply! Regular internet access! German bread! My parents! ... Honestly, after a year it's been really great to see them again. I love them with all of my heart but, usually, I'd say we can't live together anymore, this weekend - I just love being here, love being with them ...

What's next? Well, tomorrow I'm off to London and after flat and job hunts I'll have to look at the material I have collected during the last year and check out some further theoretical literature (discourse theory, visual culture, propaganda etc.) But first, I really need to talk to my supervisor, need to talk about how to delimit my topic a little bit further, actually, quite a bit further ... at least if I still really want to finish my thesis by the end of the academic year. So, yes, sounds like lots of work. And it will be a lot of work, I'm sure about this. But, then London wouldn't be London if I won't find a way to catch some fun along the way as well! And, honestly, if anyone out there feels like it - I really need to go clubbing one of the next few weekends!!! Give me a shout, if you're ready to join me ...

And then, of course, there are still my plans to go back, to Nigeria this is ... And, yes, I'm still very serious about this but as far as the practical side of it is concerned I need to first talk to my supervisor ... so far, my parents reacted rather calm, even when I mentioned that I actually could imagine (not immediately, after all I first need to finish the PhD) to actually live there for a while so ...

Well, let's see what happens next. If there's something I learned over the last few months its that sometimes, sometimes you just have to be patient, hang on to your hopes and dreams and, then, allow things to fall in place ...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Signature Gallery, Abuja

'Portraits' of Sheikh Usman dan Fodio

Popular Portraits of Sheikh Ahmad Tijani - Another Little (Procrastination) Gem